Universitą di Modena e Reggio Emilia
Doctoral program overview
This is a 3 years full-time course that includes introductory, basic and elective courses, seminars, tutorials
, computer and experimental laboratory sessions and project work
to produce a final dissertation on original themes of high standard in the international scientific framework.
Stages in qualified research institutes in Italy and abroad
are part of the student preparation as well.
Possible positions achieved by graduated doctors.
Students following this multi-disciplinary training will acquire the mathematical skills, chemical, engineering and biological insight, computational and experimental know-how
necessary for tackling real-world problems. They will therefore be highly adaptable, with great employment prospects.
the School's presentation brochure (pdf).
Topics in material and life sciences:
- Combinatorial and Numerical Algorithms,
- Computer Graphics,
- Chemo- and Bio-informatics,
- Experimental characterization of structures and properties,
- Human Computer Interface,
- Mathematical and computational Modelling,
- Statistical Modelling and Chemometrics.